Dental School Interview Consultation
Call us today for a 20 minutes free consultation.
Dental School Interview Consultation
Develop thoughtful ideas to common questions
you may encounter in the dental school interview using our unique dental school interview preparation strategy
Learn how to navigate a wide range of questions
including situational questions and ethical questions
Master a technique for sounding conversational
in the interview to leave the most positive impression
Minimize anxiety before the interview
by incorporating our unique interview preparation methodology that incorporates recommendations from psychologists
The dental school interview is an opportunity for the admission committee to get to know you as a person. Many applicants view the dental school interview as an oral examination, where the interviewer asks a series of questions, and expects you to provide the single right answer. As a result of this misconception, applicants spend hours memorizing answers to every possible question the interviewer could ask. The interview is not an oral exam! How you do on your dental school interview depends on a number of factors. You have to provide thoughtful answers to questions, display professionalism, and leave an overall positive impression based on your verbal and non-verbal cues.
Common Interview Questions
Asking Questions of Your Interviewer
Situational Questions and Ethical Questions
Video Interviews Including the Kira Assessment
Group Interviews and Interview Panels
Advising on every aspect of the dental school personal statement from idea development to essay organization and flow
Admissions Helpers assisted me through my application process for dental school. With their help, I was admitted to several top dental schools including Harvard, UCSF, and UCLA. When the time came to begin the application process for residency programs in oral and maxillofacial surgery, it was only natural that I enlist the expertise of Admissions Helpers again. They helped me to understand what information needed to be highlighted and what information was not as necessary to keep on my Statement of Purpose essay, and again ensured that I ace my interview.
Speak to a Dental School Admissions Consultant Today.
20 Minutes Free Consultation
Dental School Interview Preparation Services
Our consultants are committed to helping you ace the dental school interview. We help you prepare ideas for commonly asked questions, such as your reasons for wanting to pursue dentistry. We also teach you strategies for developing thoughtful answers to questions you may not anticipate in advance. Finally, our consultants work with you to improve your body language and non-verbal communication skills. Our dental school interview preparation services include:
Interview Strategy Assistance
This is a coaching service where one of our dental school admissions consultants works closely with you to help you develop proper strategies for answering dental school interview questions and coaches you in effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Dental School Mock Interview
In this service, our consultants will conduct a mock dental school interview and provide you with oral and/or written feedback (depending on the client’s preference).
Letter of Intent and Update Letters
We help applicants draft/edit dental school letters of intent and dental school update letters if they are awaiting an interview, if their application is under review after an interview, or if they have been placed on a dental school waitlist
What Types of Questions Should I Expect in my Dental School Interviews?
The questions that you will encounter in your dental schools often fall into one of the below three categories:
Category 1: Common Questions:
Examples of common dental school interview questions:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- Why do you want to attend our dental school?
- Tell us about your greatest strength and weakness
- What distinguishes you from other competitive candidates to our dental program?
How we help you prepare for the common questions:
- During online video meetings, we brainstorm to help you identify ideas for each of the common questions in a confident manner
- We help you refine your ideas so you can make a convincing case for why you should be accepted
- We show you how to avoid sounding scripted so your responses come across as natural and conversational
Category 2: Situational Questions:
During a dental school interview, you may be asked to respond to different situational questions such as:
- Tell us about a time when you disagreed with a team member on how to complete a project. How did you resolve the disagreement?
- Tell us about a difficult experience you have had to go through and describe what you learned from it.
How we Help:
- We teach you important techniques for responding to a wide range of situational questions
- We practice different situational question types with you to make sure you can handle any question that comes your way
Category 3: Ethical and Health Policy Questions:
- Dental school may ask you about your views on a range of ethical topics relating to the healthcare system in general or the field of dentistry in particular
- You may also be asked in your dental school interview to share your views on how the field of dentistry is evolving or describe the problems facing dentistry and offer solutions
- Some schools may even ask students to comment on ethical or policy issues not relating to healthcare
How we Help:
- We practice ethical and healthcare questions with you, showing you how to formulate your own opinions and present those opinions in a well-thought-out manner while sounding balanced
- We review ethical and healthcare topics, particularly those that are a matter of debate and guide you on how to sound knowledgeable in your answers.
Asking Questions of your Interviewer:
- At the end of each dental school interview, your interviewer(s) will likely ask you if you have any questions for them
- It is important to not ask generic questions about topics you can easily find answers to online
How we Help:
- We help you come up with intelligent questions reflecting thoughtfulness
Our Approach to the Dental School Interview
Our approach to the dental school interview has been developed by our team of dental school consultants over the past 10 years.
Our method incorporates evidence-based techniques for acing the interview that allow you to shine in your interview.
It also integrates strategies developed in collaboration with expert psychologists to help minimize anxiety related to the interview.