General Pre-Dental Strategy Consultation
Call us today for a 20 minutes free consultation.
Admissions Helpers Pre Dental Strategy Consultation
From prerequisite courses like biology, chemistry, and physics to shadowing experience with a dentist and the DAT, dental schools have various requirements. But completing the minimum requirements is not enough to get you into dental school. That’s why we are here to help!
Rather than focusing on quantity, we show you how to become an exemplary dental school applicant by focusing on a handful of key activities.
If you are in the early stages of your pre-dental career, our consultants can help you plan your undergraduate career or choose a major. If you are returning to school to take the necessary courses for dental school as a post-baccalaureate or non-traditional student, we can also help guide you on how to properly choose courses and plan your academic career. If you are a re-applicant, we will work with you to identify deficits in your application and help you improve those deficits. As a part of the pre-dental strategy consultation, we will guide you on your non-academic extracurricular activities. This involves showing you how to choose the most appropriate dental experience, assisting you in finding pre-dental research, and helping you choose the most impressive community service and leadership experiences related to dentistry. In just one hour, we can offer you guidance that will make you an all around competitive applicant for dental school. If you are in the later stages of your career and are contemplating whether you should apply to dental school, email us or give us a call. We will review your application, give you honest feedback on how competitive you are, and offer you approaches for improving your candidacy for medical school. If you have recently moved to the United States after graduating dental school abroad, we can help you develop the proper strategy for admission into advanced placement dentistry programs. Call or email us today to schedule your one-hour general strategy consultation!
What we Offer:
Evaluating your chances of dental school admissions
Get an assessment of your chances of getting into dental school and decide if a gap year is right for you
Planning prerequisites for dental school admission
Put together a stellar plan for completing prerequisite courses, clinical experience in dentistry, and DAT preparation with one of our experts
Coaching you on becoming competitive for dental school
Take concrete steps to becoming the most competitive applicant for dental school with our strategy consultation services
It was my second time applying to dental school. After four years of hard work, studying for the DAT, and filling out applications, I felt demoralized! But there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Admissions Helpers gave me the tools that I needed to become a strong applicant. They helped me with study techniques for standardized tests, my personal statement, filling out my application, and even taught me phenomenal interviewing skills. It was a pleasure working with them.
Speak to a Dental School Admissions Consultant Today.
20 Minutes Free Consultation
What are the Requirements for Admission to Dental School?
- Almost all dental schools require students to complete specific prerequisite courses
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- General Biology
- General Physics
- Not all programs require the same combination of courses
- Figuring out how to meet the requirements for different schools at the same time can be challenging
How we Help:
- Our dental school admissions consultants review your academic transcripts with you and help you decide what courses you should take
- We help you determine when you should schedule each course in your predental career
Standardized Test Requirements:
- The DAT is required by virtually all dental schools.
- DAT preparation is key to success and the DAT score can make the difference between getting in or not
How we Help:
- We will help you develop a comprehensive DAT preparation strategy
- We work with you to select the ideal time for taking the test based on your specific schedule
Clinical Experience in Dentistry:
- Most dental schools look for applicants who have had exposure to the field of dentistry
- Depending on the school, clinical experience in dentistry can be shadowing, volunteer work, or dental assisting
- Many schools require a minimum number of hours of dental experience
How we Help:
- We help you find opportunities in clinical dentistry and secure positions that will make you a good candidate for dental school
- We help you stand out as an applicant by choosing the right combination of experiences in clinical dentistry
- We show you how to get the most out of your dental experiences so you can reflect on them thoughtfully in your application and interviews
- Research is not absolutely essential but it can be a very positive addition to a dental school application
- Not all types of research are weighed equally by dental school admissions committees
How we Help:
- We help you find the right type of research experience in dentistry, one that allows you to learn and grow while also bolstering your dental school application
- We show you how to take initiative as part of a research team to get the most out of the experience
- Dental schools place a lot of value on experiences within the community, particularly with underserved populations
- Dental and oral health outreach is an especially impressive way to get involved
How we Help:
- Our team of dental school admissions consultants guide you on how you can become involved in the community and give back to the underprivileged
- If you are looking to get leadership experience, we can show you how to develop a community service program
- Dentistry is both a science and an art
- Dental schools are impressed by applicants who have artistic experience, particularly experiences that combine manual dexterity and creativity
How we Help:
- We are here to help you incorporate your artistic passions into your busy predental career so you can get the most out of these experiences
- We help you balance your involvement in these activities with other commitments you have
Other Extracurricular Activities:
- Involvement in campus clubs or sport can also add to the dental school application
How we Help:
- We help you incorporate these interests into your schedule and as you go through your predental career
Remember, you don’t have to do all of the above to become a competitive dental school applicant
We are here to help you find the right set of experiences for YOU!
Getting accepted to dental school does not have to be as daunting as it seems. When evaluating applicants, dental schools are interested in a few pertinent issues. First, and foremost, they want to know if you are academically capable of handling the rigorous academic coursework in dental school. To evaluate academic aptitude, schools use the GPA and DAT scores. But GPAs and DAT scores are not enough; dental school admissions committees also want to assess an applicant’s interest and commitment to dentistry.
This is why clinical experience in a dental setting is an important part of a successful application. Whether paid or volunteer, seek experiences where you can spend time observing or assisting in dental patient care. Finally, extracurricular activities including leadership experience in campus organizations, community service, and research could help bolster your application to dental school.